On this Wondrous Wednesday, I hereby present you with a list of my whimsies. These are things I would like to do someday – maybe I will, maybe I won’t.
I’m sure there are many more that I am missing, but these are the first ones that pop into my head.
Someday, I want to:
- run in a 1/2 marathon (preferably one at Disneyland).
- be semi-fluent in a second language.
- custom-build a [small] house with a true front porch.
- have a home birth – in a tub.
- get my PhD.
- practice singing one song really well so I am prepared for karaoke.
- master playing three songs on the guitar.
- take a photography class.
- travel abroad with my kids.
- live in the heart of a city, in a condo.
- highlight my hair…blonde.
- be a millionaire.
- actually know what I’m talking about when the topic of “wine” comes up.
- adopt a child.
- or be a foster parent.
- invent something.
- meet Sarah.
- live right-next-door to good friends.
- be published in The New York Times.
- travel around the country in an RV with the intent purpose of helping others.
Oh, wait – that last one is coming true.
* This post was inspired by Steph (if you don’t know her, you should).
What are a few of your “whimsies”?
ALSO – What is your favorite song for karaoke?