Every morning in 2012, I’m going to wake up with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen.
The best thing about that pledge is that something wonderful always will – because I’m surrounded by the best people ever. [Hint: My Family].
These are my hopes + dreams for 2012 and beyond – NOT in order of importance or urgency. Some are frivolous; some are fantastic. Some are attainable this year; others may take a bit longer. ALL are do-able.
There are 60 bullets on my list - I’m sure I’m forgetting quite a bit.
1. Own the perfect cocktail dress.
2. Write a children’s book.
3. Be invited to the White House.
4. Visit London.
5. Also: Paris.
6. Own a house with a front porch.
7. Run in a Disney 1/2 marathon.
8. Learn to ballroom dance with Tim.
9. Memorize one song for karaoke (and be confident enough to sing it).
10. Hire a personal trainer.
11. Make a million.
12. Be mentored.
13. Mentor someone.
14. Learn how to speak a second language reasonably well.
15. Take a firearms class.
16. Learn to play one song on the guitar.
17. Serve on the board or become a spokesperson for a cause I admire.
18. Be mortgage-less.
19. Have professional head shots taken.
20. Design my own house – from the floor up.
21. Try a stand-up desk.
22. Be best friends with my kids – now and in adulthood.
23. See Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park in Utah.
24. Grow a garden with snap peas, zucchini, and basil (for starters).
25. Get an e-reader.
26. Be published in The New York Times.
27. Decorate my house exactly the way I want it – without regard to the cost.
28. Take a 1 or 2-day photography workshop from a photographer I admire.
29. Teach a college course.
30. Take a survival skills course.
31. Have a super cute swimsuit that I am proud to wear.
32. Straighten my teeth with Invisalign.
33. Obtain better eyesight with LASIK (if I’m not too scared).
34. Have a backyard with a porch swing, a fire pit, comfy seating, a place to eat, and plenty of room to play.
35. Flat stomach.
36. Figure out how to create/invent and sell a product.
37. Collaborate with a university to research something important.
38. Always have enough money to buy good shoes (for my kids too).
39. Run in a race with my daughters.
40. Post a HUGE wall calendar to keep track of birthdays of family & friends.
41. Create and maintain a well-stocked gift closet. Give generously and often.
42. Re-learn CPR.
43. Enroll in a one-on-one class on how to apply make-up.
44. Provide consulting to developers of master-planned communities, shopping centers, cities.
45. Put some of my favorite quotes up around the house – maybe on stretched canvas.
46. Re-create the hyper-organized craft closet I had before we left town.
47. Be a leader in Tucson. Help shape the vision. Make it an even better place to live.
48. Volunteer as a family.
49. Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon with Tim.
50. Read a book a week.
51. Start-up more websites and businesses with Tim. *Top Secret*
52. Figure out what “church” looks like for our family.
53. Record 1,000 things I’m thankful for.
54. Finally find the perfect facial moisturizer – one that isn’t full of scary chemicals.
55. Switch to homemade bar soap.
56. Advocate for education and literacy.
57. Explore more of Canada.
58. Get my doctorate (or at least an honorary doctorate).
59. Own an impressive children’s book collection. At least 500books. Only the best.
60. Give birth to baby #3 – peacefully.
What are your hopes and dreams for 2012? Let me hear ‘em. Outrageous or Ordinary. GO.