Our family eats in on seven nights of the week.
Mostly, we eat simple meals: cheese quesadillas and fruit, cinnamon peach pancakes, grilled tilapia, roasted red potatoes and onions, and big salads. Tim and I share the cooking duties. Often, we cut, grate, peel, and prep side-by-side. Either that, or I read the ingredients out loud with a baby on my knee.
Here are 9 kitchen appliances and products that have proven themselves in our kitchen.
1. White Dishes. Tim & I registered for white dishes by Strawberry Street when we were engaged 11 years ago. What a smart pick that was! Our dishes mix + match with absolutely any decor and they’re classic simplicity will likely last our whole lives.
2. Pyrex Glass Bowls. Equally ideal for mixing up cookie dough or storing leftovers, Pyrex is a brand that we’ve come to trust. We also love our Pyrex 9″ x 13″ dish for casseroles and enchiladas…so convenient for bringing hot meals to families experiencing hard times.
3. Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop. My two young daughters (ages 3 & 5) beg to take turns scooping out the cookies – and I know why! This is the ultimate tool for bakers.
4. KitchenAid Blender. Powerful and easy to use, this blender is aesthetic and ultra-functional. Ours is Onyx Black to match our kitchen decor, but you can choose from 6 other vibrant colors.
5. Big Metal Spoons. Gotta have ‘em. For stirring, scooping, and serving. Also ideal as a host/hostess gift.
6. Pampered Chef Square Baking Pan. We use this simple steel pan for corn bread, brownies, fruit crumbles, and more.
7. White Ramekins. Who else likes dipping? We like putting these out on the table with ranch or blue cheese dressing and lots of vegetables. A perfect pre-dinner treat. You can also use these elegant dishes to serve single-portion desserts like ice cream, sherbet, or brownies.
8. Pampered Chef Springform Pan. I only use this pan for cheesecake, but it’s a quality design that doesn’t disappoint.
9. Lodge 17-Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Tim uses this pan 3-5 X a week out on the grill. He grills fish, roasts potatoes, and sautés peppers. Use outdoors or indoors. For a small family or a large crowd. This pan may not be pretty, but it is sure to last.
Note that we have yet to find a pots & pans set, knives, or a cookie sheet that we absolutely love and would recommend without hesitation.
Off the top of your head, what are your 9 favorite kitchen products?